Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mepps and Blue Fox best northern pike spinners

Famous Mepps #5
Blue Fox Vibrax

Year after year there are two favorite spinners for Bow Narrows Camp northern pike fishermen. They are Mepps #5 and Blue Fox #5.


The only exception is when, sometimes, #4s work better!


The best colors in these two spinners can vary from day to day and even throughout the day. But generally, ones with red and white or orange or chartreuse are good choices.


Another factor in using these spinners for pike is that they both have large hooks. They tend to hold a thrashing pike better than do tiny hooks and are also easier to remove.


These lures are best fished by casting. If you "plunk" these babies around weeds, logs or rocks you are certainly going to connect with some big old pike.


Click to go back to our website:





Click to see the latest on the blog:




1 comment:

MTLundy said...

I couldn't agree more. I caught so many pike on my #4 Blue Fox Vibrax spinner last year that most of the paint (pink) had fallen off from the constant bites.

It was a sad time when my line broke and I lost the lure. Luckily, the other colors worked just as well. I'm glad I paid attention to your recommendations!

-Mike
Kansas