Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Didn't Get the Limit - a song



(Apologies to the Eagles’ Take it to the Limit)

All alone at the start of the weekend
Northern Lights have faded to gloom
I was thinking 'bout a walleye and a northern pike
I never knew
Now I’m looking for my tackle box
(Nobody seems to care)
I can’t find my fishing rod
(Can’t find it anywhere)
Now there’s nothing to believe in
‘Cause I threw them back, they won’t come back
I threw them all away

So leave me by the highway
And give me a sign
"I didn’t get the limit, pass me by"

I called my wife from the camp one evening
She said one thing is perfectly clear
You went with your buddies to Canada
To drink lots of beer
The head on your shoulders
It’s screwed on kinda loose
I wanted you here
You went north just like a goose
Now there’s nothing to believe in
‘Cause you threw them back, they won’t come back
You threw them all away
 
As you stand there by the highway
Remember my cry
If you don’t get the limit, it’s goodbye

So I walked all alone to the border
No one would give me a ride
My cooler on wheels is empty
I just want to hide
But when I cross the border
It’s going to be OK
I’ll hold my head high again
I’ll fish another day
Now there’s something to believe in
'Though I threw them back, they won’t come back
I threw them all away

‘Cause you can get the limit
Not feel like a slob
You can get the limit from Border Bob's! 

Yes, you can get the limit (falsetto: Bor-der)
You can get the limit (falsetto: Ba-hab)
You can get the limit from Border Bob's

Editor's note: Border Bob's in International Falls, Minn., has been a must-stop place for anglers coming north to Canada and then going south again, for four decades. We just learned Bob and Kathy Neuenschwander are thinking about retirement. We would like to thank them for their service to the outdoor tourism industry all these years and wish them the best of luck in their next journey. Their store sells ice, t-shirts, food, and thousands of other products, including, just as the song says, walleye fillets!
They have an e-commerce website: Border Bob's and also a new website dealing with their sale: Own Border Bob's. You can also learn more about their History.



No comments: